AESC is an energy engineering consulting firm that drives solutions towards a clean energy future and offers a collaborative and professional work environment. We are passionate about what we do and are looking for talented people who believe they can effect change and better our society and environment, one kilowatt-hour at a time.
AESC is seeking an Energy Engineer to provide support for energy efficiency and demand side management programs in our Carlsbad, California office. The position will focus on focus on technology to market initiatives that promote emergent technologies and strategies to save energy in buildings. Other responsibilities may include whole building facility audits, energy analysis, and project development and management for multiple energy efficiency projects and/or customers.
This position requires strong technical capabilities including knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency and demand side management. The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate flexibility, diversity of technical expertise, strong communication skills and excellent customer engagement skills.
Title: Engineer or Staff Engineer (depending on experience level)
Status: Full Time
Location: Carlsbad, CA or Portland, CA – Hybrid
Reports to: Lead Engineer
Salary Range: $74,000 – $98,000
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical expertise to support program outreach and customer engagement.
- Research codes and standards (C&S) and emerging technologies and demonstrations.
- Conduct targeted site inspections to collect data and perform functional testing needed to establish existing equipment/system conditions.
- Develop project-specific measurement and verification (M&V) plans to support energy savings claims.
- Install and remove meters and data collection equipment.
- Use analytical tools and M&V methodologies to evaluate the performance of, and make recommendations for, enhanced systems and equipment.
- Perform complex energy and financial analyses leveraging appropriate software and hardware tools.
- Research and evaluate innovative approaches towards energy efficiency, demand response, energy resiliency and renewable energy.
- Develop technical reports that summarize project scope, energy savings calculation methodologies, M&V activities, M&V results, key assumptions and recommendations.
- Keep Sr Managers informed of project schedules and progress.
- 4-7 years of experience in energy engineering or design engineering (HVAC or process).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Practical experience and working knowledge of various systems in commercial and industrial facilities required.
- Experience in the energy field, such as energy efficiency, distributed energy generation/combined heat and power, project economics/rate analysis, project design, renewable energy, HVAC, central heating and cooling plants is preferred.
- Working knowledge of measurement and verification techniques preferred.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional and collaborative manner through written reports and excellent oral communication.
- Proficiency with a variety of energy analysis tools software including expertise in MS Excel.
- Must have reliable transportation, this position requires travel to customer sites.
We are looking for dedicated, service-oriented, professionals who share our mission of developing innovative engineering, software and management solutions to promote a clean energy future and who are aligned with our core values.
AESC’s CORE VALUES:
- Work safely – Help maintain a culture of safety in every situation to ensure all employees make it home safe each night. Your safety, and the safety of those around you, should always be the top priority.
- Act with integrity – Always do what is right for the client, the employee, the company and/or the situation.
- Deliver excellence – Hold yourself to the highest standard. Provide outstanding service with mindful technical work and timely communication that delivers value to our clients.
- Be accountable – Be the person others can rely on and follow through on commitments. Work to solve problems, not avoid them.
- Inspire change – Be bold and be brave. No idea is too small when it improves our services, our teamwork or our company.
- Play as a team – Promote inclusion and respect the knowledge, skills and ideas that each team member brings; our diversity, uniqueness and individual strengths make us a winning team.
- Pursue growth and learning – Take responsibility for charting the course of your own growth and learning, and we will support you.
- Live a balanced life – Working hard and exceeding expectations is a satisfying way to spend your workday but finding fulfillment in your personal life is essential to lasting happiness and success.
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending plans, paid time off, and reimbursement for travel related expenses.
AESC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.