Carlsbad and Pasadena, CA – February 23, 2010 — Southern California Edison (SCE) designs, administers, and implements a large portfolio of customer energy efficiency and demand response programs. SCE utilizes consultants to accomplish certain tasks related to the design, analysis, planning, and operation of these programs.
In support of these programs Alternative Energy Systems Consulting, Inc. (AESC) has been awarded a $500,000 contract to provide engineering services to SCE. These services include:
- Develop energy savings calculation documentation (work papers) for regulatory review;
- Develop and study building energy computer simulations;
- General engineering simulation work (e.g., lighting, CFD, etc);
- Investigating environmental impacts;
- Cost and measure lifetime analysis;
- Technical and economic analysis;
- Analysis of studies, data, codes & standards, and measures;
- Creation of engineering calculations to support projects, data collection, and/or separate analysis;
- Peer reviews of projects, calculations, or related work;
- Development of innovative M&V approaches for SCE’s programs.
AESC provides high quality engineering and management services to enable rapid deployment of efficient, cost-effective, reliable and environmentally friendly energy systems. AESC’s customized engineering solutions and services are provided to utilities, government agencies, and other organizations that seek to improve energy production, delivery, and end use. Founded in 1994, AESC has offices in Carlsbad, San Diego, Pasadena, and Concord, California.